Small changes can make a big difference, especially when it comes to your smile. If slight dental imperfections are taking a sizable toll on your appearance, tooth contouring could be just the treatment you need to reveal your very best smile! It’s a quick, painless procedure that can produce a noticeably better look. Keep reading to learn more about the simple treatment in cosmetic dentistry.
All About Tooth Contouring
Also known as dental reshaping, tooth contouring allows your cosmetic dentist to artfully reshape the tooth enamel using safe and effective abrasion tools. The procedure is often combined with cosmetic bonding, which uses tooth colored composite resin, to produce the best results.
Tooth contouring can correct a number of dental issues, including repairing slightly crooked teeth, smoothing out overlapping teeth or reducing one that just looks a little too pointy. Patients who have solid tooth and gum health, free from decay, root canals and gum infection, are typically good candidates for tooth contouring.
What to Expect from the Tooth Contouring Procedure
To reshape your tooth enamel, your cosmetic dentist will first x-ray and examine your teeth to put together a treatment plan suited just for you and your unique smile. Then your teeth will be marked for abrasion, and the artistry can begin — with special tools and an expert eye, your cosmetic dentist will carefully contour your tooth to improve its size, shape or texture. After just one visit, you’re walking out of the office with a noticeably more attractive smile.
Benefits of Tooth Contouring
The advantages of choosing tooth contouring for cosmetic improvements are many. Just a few are listed below.
- Tooth contouring is a more affordable option in cosmetic dentistry, especially when compared to costly and time consuming treatments like porcelain veneers.
- The procedure for tooth contouring is completely painless and finished in just one visit to the cosmetic dentist’s office.
- When tooth contouring removes the overlapping enamel that inhibits thorough brushing and flossing, good hygiene is easier and oral health greatly improves.
- Tooth contouring can easily be combined with other cosmetic procedures, like teeth whitening or crown lengthening, for more dramatic results.
- Because it can fix minor orthodontic issues, like gapped or overlapping teeth, tooth contouring can eliminate the need for braces — saving you lots of time and money in the long run.
Contact Us Today!
If you’re interested in learning more about how tooth contouring can benefit your smile, don’t wait to contact Canatella Dental! We offer the service to help our patients make the subtle yet impactful adjustments their smiles need. Request your appointment online today!